Website Vedanta Resources
Vedanta Resources is a globally diversified natural resources company with interests in zinc-lead-silver, Iron ore, Steel, Copper, Aluminium, Power, Oil and Gas. Vedanta recorded revenues of US$ 15.4 billion in the FY 2018, and an EBITDA of US$ 4.1 billion. The employee number stands at 65,000 people (direct and indirect). With a business model of growth, constant value creation and operational excellence, the company’s vision is focused towards building the wealth for our shareholders and sustainably engaging the community we operate in and become 1st major integrated mineral, metal-energy business. We operate on the belief that our people are our core assets and we consistently endeavour towards developing their potential to be our future leaders and key employees. We seek to attract talent especially in mining, metallurgy, geology, smelting and sustainability for our worldwide operations.
With a business model of growth, constant value creation and improved operations, the company’s vision is focused towards sustainably satisfying the needs of all our stakeholders by engaging the community we operate in. We have adopted a positive attitude to make our Sustainable Development initiatives successful for all.
Vedanta attracts first year MBA students from premier Global B-schools (LBS, INSEAD, Harvard, Wharton and the likes), for the Global Internship Program (GIP) for a period of 6-12 weeks which aims to create lasting business value by bringing on board world class talent. The interns work with top management, especially the C-suite on real-time projects impacting business directly. The projects are mostly in the domain of Finance, Marketing, Corporate Strategy, Business Excellence and Business Development. The interns are exposed to working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment, and finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of the natural resources industry.
What to Expect
- Each internship has been carefully thought through and has defined project deliverables and target outcomes.
- There will be continuous handholding of the Interns throughout the internship period to monitor progress and ensure their comfort.
- Interns will spend time collaborating and partnering with leaders across the organization to learn about the business and identify creative ways to approach situations.
- Being innovative and bold in the pursuit of excellence and identifying opportunities to leverage their expertise to drive meaningful impacts to the business.
- Networking and enjoying the unique diverse culture we offer at Vedanta, with a healthy work life balance is what the students will gain out of this experience.
- Applicants should have work experience of 3-8 years prior to pursuing MBA.
- They should have the ability to work independently and as part of a professional team.
- Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills are essential to these positions.
- They must have a basic understanding of business finance and accounting principles.
- Understanding of statistics, quantitative analysis would be an advantage.
- Internship Locations: India, Zambia, South Africa
Apply at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1055373890