Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPalÃ?Â¢??s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
- Provides technical guidance for the team with limited guidance from the management.
Spends most of the time designing systems while maintaining a substantial amount of time dedicated to hands-on implementation activities.
Works closely with Architects and/or Other domain leads to develop, test large scale distributed systems.
- Produces a clear, well-documented code for product features. Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies.
- Has the ability to act as an SME in one/ more technical environments/technologies with the ability to define standards.
- Solid communication skills & proven team player.
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures, knowledge of object-oriented design, Design Patterns and multi-threaded programming.
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills.
- Expertise using & managing Elasticsearch clusters with a specific focus on internals, performance, cluster administration.
- Hands-on coding Expertise in Java.
- Functional programming (any language) preferable.
- Experience working in Akka is a big Plus.
- Understanding and experience working on distributed systems.
- Experience working with Linux/Unix scripting & GIT.
- Good team player, able to effectively work across multiple teams on solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated and interested in delivering results, especially in the area of writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.