Website Indian Institute of Science
IISc Bangalore is India’s leading institution of research in Science & Engineering.
The Department of Aerospace at IISc is India’s biggest and has many ongoing projects on cutting-edge technology.
The Guidance, Control, and Decision Systems Laboratory (GCDSL) is interested in the mechatronic design and control of autonomous vehicles for complex scenes. It performs research in the fields of aerial robotics (navigation, mapping), swarms (ex. search/rescue, formations, source localization) and learning systems. The current focus is on Machine Perception (Computer Vision).
GCDSL/MRL is headed by Prof. Debasish Ghose (Dept. of Aerospace Engineering).
Other than developing a thorough understanding of Vision-models and how to implement them on drones; this internship will also train the student for future research. There is a lot of scope for Industrial collaboration and network-building. Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Working on algorithms for computer vision (detection/tracking, serving)
2. Performing data collection and pre-processing
3. Implementing on ROS and fix errors (debugging)
Only those candidates can apply who:
- are available for full time (in-office) internship
- can start the internship between 24th Jan'19 and 23rd Feb'19
- are available for duration of 2 months
- have relevant skills and interests
Pre-requisites (Highly preferred):
1. Proficient in coding skills (Python/C++)
2. Hands-on experience in the Robot Operating System (ROS)
3. Familiarity with Deep Learning or Vision algorithms