IBM’s Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award ‘Best Employer of People with Disabilities’ and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry.
Our IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and lead an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. Be it groundbreaking outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services – IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
You will be working as a Mainframe Specialist.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support in order to ensure a high degree of Customer Happiness through SLA & Process Compliance.
You will Perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
What Will You Do?
- Own support and subject matter guide for z/OS operating system and system components; provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to z/OS operating system, network, and component software.
- Can act as the technical lead on internal team projects or participate on project teams that impact the z/OS platform.
How We’ll Help You Grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise.
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to determine what really excites you
- 4 years’ experience systems programming experience
- Experience with the following technologies: z/OS, Unix System Services, SMP/E, REXX, Java, VSAM, Third party products
- Diagnose z/OS platform system and product issues and follow up with root cause analysis
- Support for technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
- Knowledge of Assembler, COBOL, CICS, and Db2
- Capacity Planning and Reporting with MXG, SAS a plus.
- Process driven management of technical operations and support.
- Create Change Requests, Resolve Service Requests, and Provide 24x7 On call support.