Website Healthcare Technology Innovation Centre - IIT Madras HTIC
Healthcare Technology Innovation Centre (HTIC), a multi-disciplinary R&D centre, is a joint initiative of Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) and Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India that brings together technologists, engineers, doctors, and healthcare professionals, industry and government to develop healthcare technologies for the country. The vision of HTIC is to develop technologies that create impact and drive innovation in healthcare and be a leader known for technical excellence and collaborative spirit.
To provide significant technical input to the design, implementation, and testing, leading to technical ownership of embedded software projects.
Main Duties of this Position:
- Design of analog and digital circuits for medical devices. To take responsibility for the design and overall quality of the hardware and provide leadership and guidance for junior engineers.
- Documentation of design specifications and implementation details. Lead design reviews. Upholding of hardware design standards and methodologies.
- Realization of complex system requirements to provide robust and reliable hardware solutions.
- Responsibility for the complete implementation of detailed technical items and an understanding/appreciation of system level items.
- Flexibility is essential as specifications may not be fully defined at the start of development, and liaison with customers for continued feedback and input of requirements is likely throughout the development.
- Collaboration with other team members (including both hardware and software engineers) to agree on system designs, interfaces, and protocols etc.
- Development of appropriate test hardware and procedures, both informal and formal, to prove the correct operation of hardware.
- Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
- Monitoring and reporting of progress of development to immediate supervisor and development team.
- Proactively support company compliance with Health and Safety legislation through adherence to company policies, processes, and practices.
- Ensure that all business activity is conducted in line with company values, policies and ethics codes of conduct.
- Undertake any other activity as reasonably requested by management.
- Degree qualified in Electronic Engineering/related subject (preferably masters or higher).
- Excellent knowledge of analogue and digital electronic circuit design.
- Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation.
- Proven experience in handover and management of designs in production.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Able to support/debug system integration.
- Good communicator.
- Previous use of Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
- Experience of C, preferably in embedded applications.
- Support and perform software debugging.
- Design of circuits containing embedded processors and FPGAs
- High-speed serial networks
- An appreciation of RF electronics
- Interfacing to high-speed data converters
- Efficient DC power supply design