Grinntech is a bootstrapped lithium battery technology company, working at the forefront of electric vehicle revolution in India. We, at Grinntech, are young engineers working to give back not only to the society for its support but also to the nature for its kindness, by facilitating pollution reduction.
We believe accessible electric vehicle(s) and renewable energy storage is need of the hour— reduce fossil fuel dependence and carbon footprint of transport sector. Currently, the major roadblock in this process is the high cost of imported lithium battery packs. This high cost can be reduced considerably by manufacturing lithium battery packs in India, by Indian technology. We are building technology to enable domestic mass production of lithium battery.
Grinntech develops battery pack’s electro-mechanical assembly and battery management system technologies for stationary and automotive applications. Major battery manufacturers, accounting for 85% of Indian battery market share and more than USD 5 billion in market cap, are Grinntech’s licensee for electric vehicle and grid storage battery technologies.
Grinntech operates out of IIT Madras, under technology development partnership with Center of Battery Engineering and Electric Vehicles, IIT Madras.
Join us in applying Green Innovative Technologies to make the world a better place.
Grinntech is looking for Embedded Hardware Engineers to join our growing product development team. Based in Chennai you will be responsible for the delivery of all aspects of electronic hardware design and development including requirements capture, schematic design, PCB design, testing, and validation.
Responsibilities of the Embedded Hardware Design Engineer:
• Specification of electronic hardware
• Design & development of electronic hardware
• Testing of prototype systems
• Supervision of junior engineers
• Preparation of all documentation and release of components for manufacture
• Liaising with the software team and customers
• Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar
• Familiar with ARM/PIC32 processor family
• Experience with communication protocols like UART, CAN, MODBUS, RS232, Ethernet etc
• Experience with SPI, I2C, LIN etc
• Experience in Automotive Industry standards and practices
• Experience in Automotive EMC standards and issue resolution
• Self-motivated, problem solver, good communication skills
• Project planning skills
• Good level of presentation skills (verbal and written)
• Able to work in tight time scales
• Strong attention to detail
• Good multi-tasking skills
Desirable skills required by the Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer:
• Knowledge of 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers
• Knowledge of design in safety-critical environments
• Knowledge of ISO 26262
• Experience in high voltage systems