At Emerson (NYSE: EMR), we’re passionate about what we do. By fusing decades of technology and engineering expertise, Emerson continues to solve some of the world’s most complex challenges with innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. We recruit the greatest talent and apply the best technologies to benefit our customers worldwide.
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through our best-in-class technologies and industry expertise. Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions develops technologies and services that improve human comfort, safeguard food, protect the environment, enable sustainable food waste disposal, and support efficient construction and maintenance of buildings and municipal infrastructure.
Emerson has a wide range of industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation around the world. Join our next generation of leaders today.
- Learn and understand the application under test.
- Understand and analyze requirement specification documents.
- Building scenarios and use cases for existing or new functionality.
- Generate/review/update test suite accordingly.
- Locate to the best extent the inconsistencies, defects, performance issues etc. with help of test cases, applying mind and common sense very well.
- Apply different types of testing and various techniques in order to locate as many issues as possible to make the application under test error free.
- Use of the tools rolled out to help the testing team (e.g. QC, gerrit) in order to create tasks, defects, get latest installers, activity and time trackers etc.
- Identify new targets for automation
- Total relevant years of experience should be 0 to 3 years in Manual Testing of Software Applications.
- Should have basic knowledge of what does it mean by Quality Assurance/control and Awareness of workflow followed in software testing etc. An attitude towards testing as a career is necessary.
- Knowledge of various types of testing will be required and useful. Any certification like ISTQB, is not mandatory but is a plus.
- Working knowledge of operating computer that is using windows OS and or linux OS.
- Ability to properly plan time, work management is required.
- Excellent English oral and written skills in email, documentation, phone calls, video conferencing
- Strong documentation practices