Website DTCC - Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
With 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities, data centers and offices in 16 countries, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. Industry owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets. In 2017, DTCC’s subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $1.61 quadrillion. Its depository provides custody and asset servicing for securities issues from 131 countries and territories valued at U.S. $57.4 trillion. DTCC’s Global Trade Repository service maintains approximately 40 million open OTC positions per week and processes over one billion messages per month through its group of licensed trade repositories.
Responsible for system integration testing of newly developed applications. Provides testing expertise, testing oversight and direction for multiple projects. Ensures the functionality of the functional design specification is met. Requires in-depth knowledge of the software implementation lifecycle, leadership skills and the ability to work well with both business clients and developers.
- Software QA Testing for new development and updates to all automated testing in a acceptance test driven development and Agile environment.
- Tasked with unit testing, functionality testing, regression testing, integration testing, black box, white box, and UAT (user acceptance testing).
- Writing and executing test cases for manual and automated testing.
- Documentation of testing results in great detail outlining defect and path to recreate defect.
- Communicating status and testing results to management and business stakeholders via reporting.
- Understands more complex testing concepts, has the ability to explain them well, and fosters buy-in and builds consensus around these testing concepts.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Graduate with minimum 3 year of related experience
- Selenium testing with Java coding for new development and updates to all automated testing in a acceptance test driven development and Agile environment with SQl DB
- Tasked with unit testing, functionality testing, regression testing, integration testing, black box, white box, and UAT (user acceptance testing)
Leadership Competencies for this level include:
- Ability to work with multiple teams / people at a time
- Experience with performance &/or security testing and how it can/should be applied to a given product (one or both)
- Able to analyze work from multiple perspectives
Understands unit tests and unit testing best practices and shares advice to the team(s)
- Ability to understand and execute a wide variety of software testing methodologies to best fulfill all of the testing needs for the work given
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly, with and without all the information available
- Ability to read and understand code
- Detail oriented
- Learns and demonstrates familiarity and knowledge of products
- Desire and ability to take a concept/task and independently create and execute on it
- Driven and motivated to explore all options in order to learn and help the team
- Essential team player: supportive, collaborative, productive, team over self, high integrity
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others.
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.