Founded in 1963, and headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses: NBCUniversal and Comcast Cable. NBCUniversal operates 30 news and entertainment cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures, and Universal Parks & Resorts. Comcast Cable Communications, LLC (“Comcast Cable”) is the nation’s largest video, highspeed internet, and phone provider to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand. Comcast has invested in technology to build a sophisticated network that delivers the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications, home management offerings, and business services.
Comcast’s Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The dx Team has responsibility including Data Engineering for Comcast; one of the major goal is to harmonize the data ingestion and consumption layer across Comcast. Creating enterprise data sources as a single version of truth is a goal of dx Team.
With moderate guidance, the Big Data Software Developer will develop (code/program), test, and debug ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) of data to answer technically challenging business requirements (complex transformations, high data volume).
All work needs to be documented.
Employees At All Levels Are Expect To
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Analyzes and determines data integration needs
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals using Big Data (Hadoop) ecosystem
- Reviews literature, current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects in Data Warehousing and Reporting areas
- Programs new software using Spark, Scala, Kafka, Sqoop, SQL
- Supports existing and new applications and customization of current applications
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation
- Displays knowledge of software engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty (like Data warehousing)
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process software design and redesign skills
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills
- Works independently, assumes responsibility for job development and training, researches and resolves questions and problems, requests supervisor input and keeps supervisor informed required
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bachelors or Master's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT) or in any related technical field.
Apply at https://www.comcastjobs.in/job-192162-internship-in-chennai-na-technology-it