Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is based in Bangalore, India and is engaged in the development of advanced aerospace and aviation technologies.
Join the Boeing Network Infrastructure services in providing the platform for performance and productivity that enables secure access anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to provide flexible, scalable, standard and reliable network products and services globally that are secure and position Boeing to have a competitive and sustained business advantage Network infrastructure Services (NIS) provides the connectivity infrastructure that enables all internal Boeing applications and Line of Service delivery systems to integrate, communicate, and pass data from point to point throughout the company and beyond. The Boeing Enterprise network is designed with external access opportunities and the ability to connect directly to customers, partners, and suppliers.
The selected candidate will assist in the identification, analysis and documentation of requirements for network transport technologies and services with an emphasis on WAN design.
- Creates, implements, maintains and documents WAN network designs that conform to architectural and security standards. Ensure technical viability and cost-effectiveness from the point where it is evaluated through implementation and support, to retirement.
- Uses technical expertise to help business partners and others by answering technical questions regarding the usage, trouble-shooting and functionality of delivery systems products to ensure effective implementation and usage of delivery system products.
- Applies knowledge of computing systems to choose appropriate troubleshooting techniques to resolve complex, escalated delivery systems problems. Works with appropriate product supplier for enhancements and issues not resolved in-house.
- Chooses and develops appropriate design and methods to ensure requirements are met for security, problem management, capacity/performance management and operational management.
- This position will require some after-hours work to support production-impacting maintenance activities.
- This position develops and maintains technical relationships / partnerships with customers, suppliers, peers, partners and team members to execute on projects
- This position provides periodic updates to Boeing management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents. This position will also be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with experts in Boeing organizations around the world
- Bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Cisco Enterprise WAN networking technologies
- Hands-on experience, with an in-depth understanding of IPv6, Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), WAN Technologies (MPLS, VPLS, VPN).
- In-depth understanding of Enterprise Quality of Service design principles of the DiffServ QoS model
- In-depth understanding of network and application operations and definition within the OSI model including IP, TCP, UDP, and ICMP; along with a strong background in configuration, VLAN design and management.
- Ability to analyze complex issues by using systems thinking, and convey results in both verbal and written form.
- Effective working together skills. Will be required to work both as a team member and to work independently.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to take a general work statement to a specific result.
- Must possess a willingness to collaborate with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Must be able to support activities in multiple time zones across the globe.
- Scripting knowledge with networking background
- Knowledge on SD-WAN and SDN is an added advantage.
- Familiar with ITILv3-related Service Management concepts and processes
- CCNP, CCIE or any equivalent certifications is an added advantage.
Apply at https://jobs.boeing.com/job/-/-/185/10485118