Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 40,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and HipChat–and we’re just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazingculture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
More About Our Benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
We have an opportunity for a seasoned, Lead Designer to join our Marketplace team in Bengaluru. Marketplace is the "App Store" of Atlassian: our team helps developers around the world build add-ons that extend & enhance our products (like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, & Trello), and then share them with other Atlassian users. As a Lead designer on the team, you will be poised to make a huge impact on an invaluable part of our business. You'll have substantial creative freedom & involvement with early stage research and ideation, implementation and iteration, with an end goal of improving the Marketplace experience for both our partner developers and Atlassian users.
We love designers who are eager to deliver across the entire design process. For this role, we'd love you to have:
- 8+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer, ideally with software or complex web-based applications experience
- An eye for simple but powerful solutions: you can easily step into the customer's shoes with the enthusiasm to create great experiences
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills, a flexible and friendly approach to working in teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes
- Led design for a business-critical product or initiative and shipped products with significant improvements to the user's experience
- Used and championed user-centered design methods and best practices of research and design techniques, including journey mapping, personas, task analysis, prototyping, and usability testing