Website American Express
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services. An engine of commerce, American Express provides innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Most of all, we help our customers realize their dreams and aspirations through industry-leading benefits, access to unique experiences, business-building insights, and global customer care. We enable our customers to do and achieve more.
- Provide technical leadership to deliver software solutions that exceed customer and stakeholder expectations.
- You will constantly pursue and learn industry leading/innovative solutions. Build high awareness of open-source technologies and communities that enable high volume low latency systems.
- Lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, support full software development lifecycle that incorporates the best of technology approaches and delivery methodologies.
- Engage with developers in a day to day activities and helping in the review of design, coding and SDLC tasks.
- Stepping into code where and if needed and be a hands-on leader
- Ensure on-time product releases that are of high quality, enabling the core vision of next-generation card processing systems compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Promote a fun and high engagement culture, with a results orientated focus. Hire, mentor, motivate and retain the best talent.
- Collaborate with peer technology and product teams across different locations.
- Leading a team in an environment which includes modern web frameworks and complex transaction processing systems leveraging a broad set of technology stacks (Node.js, React, Cassandra, Kafka, Java, Mainframes, Oracle, DB2, REDIS etc.)
- Communicate to senior leaders with regard to strategic direction and changes
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Overall 8+ years of experience in developing and delivering leading-edge software solutions coupled with proven experience in building teams from scratch and growing individuals into leaders.
- Hands on development experience in modern technologies - Java, Go, Vert.x, React, Envoy, RPC, ProtoBuf, JSON, etc. along with strong knowledge on databases including NoSQL DBs like Couchbase and Cassandra
- Experience with applications with high throughput and low latency needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, with the ability to create and deliver effective presentations to leadership across the organization
- Proven ability to influence and drive delivery across a geographically distributed organization
- Experience building highly available and low latency distributed systems. Experience building systems as service-oriented architecture and/or micro-services architecture.
- Experience attracting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent