Website American Express
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services. An engine of commerce, American Express provides innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Most of all, we help our customers realize their dreams and aspirations through industry-leading benefits, access to unique experiences, business-building insights, and global customer care. We enable our customers to do and achieve more.
- Taking your place as a core member of an enterprise agile team driving the latest development practices
- Developing and integrating REST APIs between backend systems to support a web application used by over 6,000 Customer Care Professionals
- Developing and integrating REST APIs between various backend systems of record
- Writing automated unit test cases and conducting code reviews with members of the team
- Identifying opportunities for enhanced analytics and data-driven decision making
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical discipline
- Intermediate proficiency with Java is required, experience with microservices and REST API development is preferred
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and implement solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential