Website American Express
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services. An engine of commerce, American Express provides innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes. Most of all, we help our customers realize their dreams and aspirations through industry-leading benefits, access to unique experiences, business-building insights, and global customer care. We enable our customers to do and achieve more.
- Partner with the product teams to understand business data requirements, identify data.
needs and data sources to create data architecture.
- Documents data requirements / data stories and maintains data models to ensure seamless integration into existing data architectures.
- Manages data assets as per the enterprise standards, guidelines and policies.
- Documents processing requirements inclusive of data and transaction volumes, scalability, security and performance requirements.
- Creates and maintains detailed information about the data being stored in the database
- Understands the database requirements and translate into physical database design.
- Follows data placement procedures and re-use of existing databases when possible.
- Builds and enhances database design and infrastructure required to support the Business portfolio.
- Performs database design review and supports database testing.
- Provides production environment support for database systems and processes.
- Communicates and works collaboratively with business and product teams to support changes and implementation.
- Write instructions to guide database operators during production runs.
- Work on assigned database features for ongoing sprints and manage database requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Partner with delivery architects and engineers to design optional data tier solutions to meet platform objectives and goals.
- Function as an active member if an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, components, and documentation).
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- Data architecture and database development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Experience with design and development across EDB Postgres, Couchbase, Cassandra, Netezza, and Yellowbrick database platforms.
- A broader understanding of other Relational & NoSQL Database Technologies.
- Hands-on expertise with database design both ER Modeling and NoSQL Data Modeling using tools like ERStudio & Hackolade.
- Hands-on expertise in DB Performance Tuning, Query Optimization & Troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred